Dr. Henrichsen's career in the oral healthcare field spans two decades now, and he is proud to practice general dentistry with special focuses in cosmetic, restorative, and preventive care for patients of all ages! He looks forward to getting to know your family as well here at Gentling Dental Care. To learn more about his background, keep reading below:
When it comes to dentistry, Dr. Henrichsen couldn't be happier with his chosen career path. He really enjoys being around people and helping them improve their smiles every day at the dental office. He's good with his hands and likes being able to use them so directly as well. He also LOVES teeth!
Dr. Henrichsen completed his undergraduate degree at Iowa State University in 1995 and then chose to pursue his Doctor of Dental Surgery at the University of Iowa College of Dentistry. He is very passionate about continuing education and is an alumnus of the renowned Dawson Academy and the prestigious L.D. Pankey Institute. He has been a visiting faculty member of Spear for over 10 years and has also taught at the Scottsdale Center for Dentistry.
Dr. Henrichsen is proud to have completed his Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry in 2012. To attain this honor, a dentist must complete over 1,000 hours of approved continuing education courses in total (over half of which must be hands-on courses) and study 16 disciplines in dentistry, including orthodontics, dental implants, and periodontists. While the Academy of General Dentistry has over 35,000 current members, only around 1% ever achieve a Mastership. Additional accolades and published projects include:
- Recipient of the Wesley-Collins Darby Award for Outstanding Junior Dental Student in Clinical Operative Dentistry, 1998
- Recipient of a certificate of recognition from the American Academy of Dental Practice Administration for excellence and academic achievement during dental education, 1999
- Author of Article in Northwest Dentistry, " Dental Success Checklist", Volume 89, July-August 2010
- Author of Article in Northwest Dentistry, " Becoming a Master of Your Time", Volume 91, Number 1, January-February 2012
- Author of Article in Northwest Dentistry, " Character, Competence...Trust!", Volume 93, Number 4, July-August 2014
- Author of Article in Northwest Dentistry, " The Accountability Partner: A Personal Mentor for your Dental Office and your Life ", Volume 95, Number 6, November-December 2016
- American Dental Association
- Minnesota Dental Association
- American Equilibration Society
Dr. Henrichsen is originally from Winterset, Iowa. He and his wife Tara have a grown son named Noah and two daughters named Ella and Anna. When he isn't busy at work, he really enjoys fishing and painting as hobbies. Here's an interesting fact about him: he also completed two different years in the National Collegiate Skydiving Championships!