If straighter teeth are what you envision for your smile, then look no further than Invisalign in Rochester. At Gentling Dental Care, we can help you achieve your individual goals without the metal brackets and wires. Traditional braces may be effective, but for adults looking for a more discreet treatment, Invisalign is the way to go. Not only are these clear aligners practically invisible, but they make straightening your teeth a much more enjoyable experience. To find out how you can get started with Invisalign, call us to schedule an appointment.
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses clear aligners (trays) to gently shift your teeth until they are in the proper location. Your trays are customized so that every two weeks, you'll change out your set for the next in the series. Over the duration of your treatment, your teeth will gradually move until your desired result is achieved.
Invisalign braces are clear and smooth, which means there's no harsh wires or brackets that can irritate the soft tissues of your mouth. Also, they're clear so no one will be able to see that you're receiving treatment!
Once your cosmetic dentist in Rochester determines you are a good candidate for Invisalign, we'll work with the lab to have your customized aligners created. Each set will represent a different stage of your smile throughout the process. It will be your responsibility to wear your aligners 20-22 hours each day in order to prevent a delay in treatment. Each set is to be worn an estimated two weeks before switching to the next set. You'll also be required to come in for regular checkups so that we can make sure everything is moving along smoothly.
By the time your treatment is over, you'll have a brand new smile you can be proud to show off.
If you're an adult, you're probably wanting a more discreet, flexible treatment option for straightening your teeth. While traditional braces are great for younger children and teenagers, the hard metal look isn't exactly what you're wanting to show when you walk into the office Monday morning to give your presentation. Here are some of the benefits to choose Invisalign:
- You can take out your trays prior to eating and/or drinking. Traditional braces are worn 24/7 and can make it difficult to enjoy eating some of the foods you love. Invisalign makes it so that you don't have to worry about food getting trapped in brackets or wires. Just remove your trays and when finished, put them back in!
- Traditional braces are like shining a spotlight on your teeth. The metal wires and brackets stick out like a sore thumb. If you're wanting a more subtle and discreet option, Invisalign is for you. These clear, plastic trays are impossible to notice, so unless you want to tell someone you've got Invisalign, they'll never know.
- Shorter Treatment. Depending on the severity of your dental needs, you can expect your treatment with Invisalign to be significantly shorter than treatment with traditional braces.
- No Irritation. If the feeling of wires and brackets rubbing against your cheeks, gums, tongue, and lips doesn't sound like much fun, then you'll appreciate the smooth feel of Invisalign. The soft tissues of your mouth will remain intact and sore-free!
Are you excited to start Invisalign in Rochester but aren't sure what to expect during your treatment? Many patients choose aligners over metal brackets and wires to straighten their teeth because they're much easier to care for and more comfortable. For your convenience, we've answered some common questions we receive from our patients below.
Invisalign in Rochester is one of the most comfortable orthodontic solutions available to date. Each aligner that you'll wear is made from a smooth plastic that's custom-fitted to your unique dental structure. You won't have to suffer from scratches and irritation caused by pokey metal brackets and wires either.
Most of our patients do report slight tenderness when they advance to their next set of aligners, but this typically doesn't last for more than a day. A great way to overcome this slight discomfort is to switch to your new sets of aligners at night so you sleep through most of the adjustment period or take an over-the-counter pain reliever like aspirin. Overall, our patients report mild to no discomfort over the course of their treatment.
Invisalign is a convenient and effective orthodontic treatment, if you use your aligners correctly. It's crucial to wear your trays for 20 to 22 hours every day in order to achieve great results and stay on track with your timeline. The only times you'll be taking them out is to eat, brush and floss your teeth, and whenever you drink anything besides water. When you leave your aligners out for large gaps of time throughout the day, you'll set your treatment timeline back, which can be frustrating.
You've likely seen the advertisements for mail-order orthodontic services on social media, like Smile Direct Club. Although these services are available at a lower cost, they're different products. Mail-order aligner companies don't complete any type of in-person assessments or professional impressions completed by a trained dentist in Rochester. This can result in poorly-fitted aligners, an increased risk of oral health problems down the road, and results that don't last. Although these services look similar, Invisalign is far safer. Before you begin your treatment, we'll thoroughly evaluate your unique orthodontic issues. We also monitor you through every step of the process, leaving zero room for risks or complications.
Taking care of Invisalign aligners is convenient and easy thanks to the fact that they're easily removable. Over the course of your treatment, it's important to regularly sanitize them to keep bacteria from becoming trapped between your trays and teeth and causing oral health problems. Here are some routine maintenance tips for aligners:
- Rinse your aligners every morning when you wake up.
- Rinse your aligners before you put them back in your mouth.
- Sanitize your aligners for 15 minutes in a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water or special Invisalign cleaning solution daily.
- Clean your aligners regularly using a soft-bristled brush and clear antibacterial soap.