A smile with missing teeth can make you look much older than your actual age. Plus, missing teeth can make it difficult for you to eat and speak. We can help you decide if a denture or partial is the right choice for you. At Gentling Dental Care we want you to be able to smile with confidence, knowing that your dentures will look like natural teeth. So when you need dentures in Rochester, MN, we're the dentists you can count on!
Teeth play a significant role in defining who we are. They give each face a unique identity, just as the eyes and nose make each face distinctive and easily recognized. That is why we consider each patient who needs dentures a cosmetic patient. Today's dentures are far superior to false teeth of the past. The results will be amazing and can make you look years younger. Well-made dentures and partials can also protect your jaws and joints (TMJs) from unneeded stress.
Our dentures appear more natural because they are designed and handcrafted especially to complement your personality, age, sex, and physical appearance. When you elect to have Gentling Dental Custom Dentures, we take special measures to make sure that your smile is incredible. You should be able to enjoy a denture that provides stability, optimal chewing efficiency, and comfort.
When you are a patient at Gentling Dental, we will partner with you every step of the way to make sure that you receive the exact smile makeover that you are looking for.
We want you to enjoy the ability to flash an incredible smile that appears natural so you can look and feel like yourself.
As part of our procedures, you can expect that we will:
- Match the tooth size to the size of your face. All too often, artificial teeth can look exactly that -- artificial. "Off the shelf" teeth could be too large for your face, or too small. Either way, they call attention to themselves and look fake. We make sure that your new teeth fit your face. Perfectly.
- We give you choices in tooth shape and color. No one knows your mouth and your teeth like you do. For each tooth, you'll have a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors to choose from. Whether you want to replicate your old smile or enhance it in your new one, we'll help you choose teeth that will be uniquely right for you.
- We spend time with you to get to know you. Your distinct personality should be reflected in your smile. You'll want to look and feel like yourself when you smile, and that's exactly what we want, too.
- Show us photos of you before you lost your teeth. It's important to us that when you smile, you look like you. By looking at your photos, we can be sure to match the size, shape, and placement of your new teeth.
- If possible, we utilize pre-extraction dental records to aid in tooth placement.
- We make sure that your dentures are secure. We are experienced in the most advanced techniques available to secure your dentures and keep them comfortable.
- If you qualify, we can secure your dentures using dental implants.
- We want your dentures to last. Dentures and partials with plastic teeth have a tendency to wear out fast. We can show you how we can make your dentures and partials more wear resistant by using inconspicuous metal cusp tips and porcelain where appropriate.
No matter the age, missing teeth can happen to anyone. While one tooth might not seem too embarrassing, having a row without teeth can certainly have a negative impact on how you look and feel about yourself. To prevent your oral health from worsening, and to stop the decline of facial sagging or "collapse," Gentling Dental Care offers dental implants in Rochester that can serve to replace all your teeth. By combining dentures and implants, an implant-retained denture can give you the restored smile you want, all while improving the health of your jawbone, gum tissue, and overall oral health. Call us today to schedule a consultation with one of our highly skilled dental professionals.
Implant-retained dentures are a superior alternative to traditional dentures. Have regular dentures come a long way? Absolutely, but they still cannot provide the same level of quality and functionality as an implant-retained denture. Why is this?
Traditional dentures only sit on top of the gum line, never giving your jawbone the stimulation it needs. This is why an individual's face will sag when removing their dentures. It is because their jawbone is deteriorating and is unable to offer the same level of support as it did with natural teeth.
With implant-retained dentures, not only are they permanent fixed into your jawbone, but they provide a restore facial appearance, substantially more functionality, and eliminate the need for adjustments and replacements over the years. Using 4-6 implants, a small connector (abutment), and a custom-made denture that is created to your liking, you can have a beautiful smile that looks and feels completely natural.
When it comes to an implant-retained denture, there are a few things our dentists must consider before moving forward with surgery. These include:
- Bone strength - If your jawbone is weak or has deteriorated because of a lack of stimulation offered by your natural tooth root, this will be problematic in ensuring your dental implant placement is a success. In these situations, it is necessary for you to receive a bone graft to offer additional bone support. This will require an additional procedure and time to heal, but in order to have the kind of results you want with an implant-retained denture, you'll need a stronger, healthier jawbone.
- Overall oral health - Patients who have suffered or battled with gum disease will need to pursue periodontal therapy prior to having dental implants. If your gums are infected and plagued by harmful bacteria, it is crucial to have this removed, as it can harm your implant denture and cause it to fail.
Although the procedure itself is timely, you will agree that with the results you achieve, it is well worth the patience and time it takes to achieve a longer-lasting smile.
Getting implant-retained dental implants requires your dentist in Rochester to administer anesthesia before making multiple incisions in your gum line. Depending on the need, our dentists will place 4 to 6 implants into your jawbone, carefully positioning them so that implant placement will be successful. When holding up any type of restoration, the implant must be positioned correctly, but rest assured, the specialists our dentists team up with have years of experience placing dental implants.
Once the implants are placed, your surgical sites will be stitched up and you'll return home to allow your gums to heal, as well as allow the implants to fuse to the bone. Once you've healed, you'll return to have abutments and your custom-made denture placed securely on top of your implants.
- Greater stability and functionality when it comes to eating, chewing, and speaking
- Improved confidence and overall facial appearance
- Easier to maintain and keep clean
- A natural look and feel
- A longer-lasting restoration